Leeds Library Promotion

As I wanted to bring stories and books to life, I started to look at book art and the people who create it. Through my dissertation, I looked at several artists who made books and also came across several people like Su Blackwell, who uses books AS art. As you can see in the images below, she has created small illustrated scenes, physically coming out of the books and the pages have been used to create this artwork. I think this is a great idea and something I would like to experiment with in this project.

I think that focusing on certain authors of genres or well known books from specific genres (such as fiction, non-fiction etc) is a great way to connect to people's emotions and therefore get them to act upon what they have seen in the promotional material I will make. For example...maybe they were read a certain book as a child and they want that feeling of being read a bedtime story again, to relive their youth. Or maybe they read a really great book on holiday last year and it reminds them of that time and they want to read the book again. It is this connection with my audience that I think is important as this will get them to act on their desires to visit the library to get the book for free, enjoying something they already have enjoyed for example, while not having to pay for it.