Final Project - A range of Stationery

For my final brief I am proposing to create a range of paper based stationery, based on the theme of structures - of which you can read a more detailed blog post here on my FMP blog.

Below is some initial research I did, looking at paper based stationery, getting ideas for themes and products that I want to create.

From looking at these images, I have decided I would like to design my range of stationery with a simple design, using detailed imagery and a focus on the materials and processes used. I want my range of stationery to be recognisable as a 'brand' or a cohesive range of products, by utilising colours, techniques, processes, materials and my chosen theme based imagery. I want the processes to enhance the material, the focus of materials to show the material in its most simple form, with the designs not being intrusive to the material and for them to be consistent throughout the products designed.

As you can see below in some of the images, geometry and simple patterns are used - with inspiration from vintage stationery designs & patterns - and this is what gave me the initial idea to base my range of stationery on geometry. I then quickly decided that this was too focused down too early and decided to open the idea up to structures - which include geometry but also many more subjects and themes.

























All images VIA Present & Correct.